Data Protection Notice
The European Society of Veterinary and Comparative Nutrition ESVCN is an international non-governmental organization with its registered office in Vienna (Austria). This society is affiliated to the European Society of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ESVIM) and aims:
- to generate interest, stimulate research and disseminate knowledge in veterinary nutrition and nutrition-related diseases;
- to promote pre- and post-graduate education in veterinary nutrition;
- to stimulate the application of clinical nutrition in veterinary schools by cooperation between nutritionists and clinicians;
- to cooperate with other societies with related interests.
ESVCN membership is open for anyone (worldwide) interested in the topic, and is not restricted to veterinarians.
For the purposes of its activities, ESVCN may need to process certain personal data or personal information concerning its members and/or third parties including suppliers, collaborators and consultants.
For the purpose of this Data Protection Notice and in accomplishment with art. 4 of the European Regulation (EU) 2016/679 issued on the 27th of April 2016, concerning the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (following Directive 95/46/EC concerning General Data Protection), the following terms are reported, as to:
“personal data”: any information relating to a natural person identified or identifiable, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
“processing”: any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Your personal data will/may be processed by ESVCN for the following:
- Processing membership subscriptions;
- Managing membership;
- Processing applications for registration to workshops, scientific conferences, seminars, residency class of the European College (ECVCN, organized within the ESVCN)
- Managing relationships of members with the ESVCN, including electronic correspondence, statements, alerts or notices to registered members, which could involve the disclosure of certain personal data;
- Managing scholarships and other sources of funding;
- Responding to any enquiries by members and/or third parties;
- Sending materials and information on workshops and scientific conferences via electronic mail;
- Managing and inviting speakers at conferences and workshops;
- Other activities in relation to ESVCN objectives, such as use of personal image in pictures/videos collected during yearly Congresses or Workshops, as website and/or Newsletter content.
The ESVCN lawfully and rightfully processes personal data in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679. Personal data are processed by ESVCN to ensures high security grade, against non authorized or unlawful processing. Personal data will be kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than it is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
The processing of personal data by ESVCN shall be without prejudice to all the rights conferred to you as data subject by Articles 15-21 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, namely:
- Right to have “access” to your own personal data processed by ESVCN and to receive the information on the persons or third parties who have directly or indirectly access to your personal data response to the request for the information whether your personal data are being processed and receive the personal data within 30 calendar days from member’s request;
- Right to obtain from ESVCN the “rectification” without undue delay of inaccurate or incomplete personal data;
- Right to obtain from ESVCN the “restriction of processing” of your personal data where they are: (a) inaccurate; (b) no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were processed, but you need them for the establishment, exercise or defense of your legal claims;
- Right to obtain from ESVCN the erasure without undue delay of your personal data where: (a) they are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were processed; (b) they have been unlawfully processed; c) you have exercised your right of withdrawal of consent on which the processing is based and there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- Right to object at any time to processing of personal data where they are processed for direct marketing purposes, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing;
- Right to protect your personal data from unlawful processing or accidental loss, destruction or damage caused by intentional or untimely concealment, and the right for protection from information which is unreliable or harms the person’s honour, dignity, and business reputation;
- Right to withdraw your consent to processing your personal data at any time by contacting the ESVCN Secretary, Mrs. Maria Grazia Cappai by email (email@example.com)
This Data Protection Notice is meant to be an integral part of the terms and conditions of all events organized by ESVCN which may require you to provide your personal data for registration purposes.
You can download a copy of this notice below: